Saturday, February 25, 2012

Where we're at

For now, I think we have decided to take this month off. We are going to try to get an initial consult with an RE to see what our options are and what they suggest. Although I really like the OB I have, I just don't feel that they are doing everything possible to get the job done. I hear everyone talk about their experiences with this process and I just don't feel that we are having the same treatment. I understand though because their focus is not on baby making. I just think we need to go to a place that better understands the process. Whether we are going to do IUI or IVF will depend on what the RE thinks. There is a piece of me that really wants to do IVF because it has a better success rate, but I also don't know that I want to admit defeat with IUI yet. Who knows???

Things are looking a little brighter this morning... hopefully it will continue. We are focusing on apartment hunting and I filled out an application to transfer to a new college for the fall. I just need to finish my essay. I am going to try to shift my focus to other areas of our life. Hopefully we will get pregnant by the end of 2012, but for now we are going to let it go.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It is sunny, cold and windy here and I think I will stay in my PJs, drink caffeinated coffee, and watch Law and Order reruns. I have some homework to do and some studying for a genetic mutations quiz on Tuesday... maybe I will do it all tomorrow. Happy Saturday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment