Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rest assured...

I made it to the IUI. :)

This month has been really hectic and crazy and upsetting and so much more. As Ashley has mentioned. I think pretty much everything is up in the air right now. Everything except a few things:
1) Banjo loves to cuddle us
2) We love each other
3) and we're keeping on keeping on

Other than that, it's anyone's call! We may be moving, we'll hopefully be pregnant soon, we like each other most days...

All this stress has definitely inched it's way between us as a couple. It's taken me a while to let it really sink in how stressful this has all been for Ashley (trying to get pregnant AND living with her mom). Being the person who tries to keep everything on an even keel, I've maybe missed that Ashley doesn't stop stressing when I give her pep talks. It recently hit me as I was at a friends house and I burst into tears. It felt ridiculous. Ridiculous because I hadn't really known how much it affected the both of us.

At any rate... we did our 3rd IUI today and it went as smooth as you can hope. Well, I take that back. The doctor who was doing the IUI was late. He kept us waiting in the waiting room for about 15 minutes and another 20 minutes once we'd gone back. That may not seem like a long time to most, but Ashley and I are always curious as to how long our swimmers actually live once they're defrosted. So we panicked a little. Then the doc came in, said a few cheesy things with a perky attitude, and bam, it was done. Before he left he said to Ashley, "Now, don't get a period!" Here's hoping she won't.

And that's all for me for now. I've been putting off work all night and it's finally time to stop procrastinating and just go to bed!

-Kristen

1 comment:

  1. That's kind of a jerky comment. I hope she follows his instructions, though! And the stress can be very, very hard. Just to let you know that once you do get pregnant it fades back a lot--you remember being sad and stressed and miserable, but it stops being front and center and feels pretty remote pretty quickly, which is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete