Friday, February 24, 2012

Today

Today I am not feeling any better. I hoped I would, but no such luck. Woke up sad, cried with Kristen, and discussed our options a little. I think that the IVF is our best option, but with the possible upcoming move and everything else, I think it will take us at least 6 months to save $3500. We have no money in savings (except for some of Kristen's student loan money) and very few options for making extra money. I guess I could take on a job as a waitress for the summer. I am just hesitant to take on a third job with school and everything else.

I asked my mom this morning if she or my father have $3000 that they would loan us. Her response was "it's not a sure thing." She doesn't want to give us that money on the chance that it won't work. Sweet! I know that my mom sounds like a real ass, and sometimes I think she is, but really she is pretty awesome. Anyway, it just hurt to have her say she is not willing to spend her money that way.

Hopefully I can feel better about this soon. I know that it takes a lot of people much longer to get pregnant, but I really thought that my age, the fact that everything is perfect (cycles are regular, blood work is great) would work in my favor. I guess I was wrong.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're not feeling better today...I hope one day you can go back to these entries and laugh about them, because you have everything you ever wanted. I know it's hard to see right now and I know I would be dealing with this the exact same way you are.
    Don't be disappointed that you're mom might not lend you the money. My partner's parents have a lot of money, but I know, if we get into this position, they would not lend us the money either, no way. They would say that we're old enough to deal with our own "messes" and need to do this on our own. When our dogs got really sick and we had to pay thousands of dollars in vet bills, we had to get a loan, because they wouldn't help us. It made me upset at that moment, but I can see where they're coming from.
    Have you ever heard of Care Credit? I know the Cryobank we picked doesn't accept it, but you might find a doctor who will...I use it for medical bills all the time. It's a credit card, where you don't have to pay any interest for six months. Might be worth checking out.
    I hope you have a great weekend and feel better soon!
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete