Sunday, February 5, 2012

Just make a move

Last night my mother and I went to see the movie "One for the Money" with Katherine Heigl. On the way to the movie we started talking about how the baby making process has been stressful. She started telling me how I shouldn't be disappointed or surprised each time we don't get pregnant. She was saying that if we want to get pregnant that we may have to take out loans and do whatever it takes. She went on to say that even if I had to have sex with a man, I just need to do what I need to do. She also told me that one of her friends said that Kristen and I should have a threesome with a guy because then we can both be involved in the process.

No joke. This is the feedback that I get from my mother. I know that she tries to understand where we are coming from, but I can never expect that she will totally get it. I asked her if she and my father hadn't gotten pregnant right away, would she have been able to sleep with another guy??? I mean, most relationships would not withstand one person having sex with a third party whether it is for baby making or not. She tried to tell me that it is different for us because we are not a traditional couple.

That brings us to my phone call to Kristen at work. I called her to tell her about the conversation with my mother and that I was ready to move. We moved down to live in an apartment attached to my mother's house just five months ago. Unfortunately, my mother and I get along much better when we don't live on the same property. I love her and I can tolerate her much better from afar. I have so much fun with her when we don't live together. So, Kristen and I are in the process of trying to figure out finances and looking for an apartment in the city. I think that we will probably move April 1, but we will see how things work out.

Today I went to get my hair chopped off and the lady LITERALLY chopped it off. She gave me a pretty shitty hair cut and was really rude when I told her that it wasn't at all what I wanted. She kept saying "if you had told me what you wanted in the first place..." I did, but apparently I wasn't clear enough. To fix my hair she started hacking at it and now it is kind of uneven in the back. I am debating on whether I want to just go to my mother's hairdresser to get it fixed or if I should go back to the place where that horrible lady works. Kristen thinks that I should go talk to the manager, but I just hate being rude. I felt so bad about making the lady fix my hair (even though she gave me a bowl cut when I asked for it to be stacked in the back and come down angled in the front) so I gave her a $10 tip. Kristen got really mad at me for giving her so much when she didn't do a good job and she was rude, but I just felt so guilty about messing up that lady's day. Sounds pathetic, but I guess I just didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Other than the bad haircut, this has been a really great Sunday!!! Kristen and I took Banjo for a walk in the woods, went out to lunch, went grocery shopping together at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Now we are going to eat pizza and wings and watch the Super Bowl. I am not really a football fan, but I think that the commercials are pretty sweet. It should be a great night in with my love! I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! Oh and Go Pats!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Yeah, maybe living close but not so close would be good. Then you can have your threesomes without her knowing. (retch). And I'm sorry about the bad haircut--I finally found one person who I can trust to just do a good job and I will never leave her, because for some reason I can never ever ever explain what I want to stylists. Luckily it grows out fast, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on your posts and I have to say I feel for you. To think we could just go screw a guy and have a baby...who would have thought? I have been told the same thing more than once. Then they top it off with people can't tell your not straight. Guess they can just think I'm easy :) I am in my 2ww now and I have such high hopes this time. I totally understand your feelings. I do hope that this cycle works out for us both and we can tell everyone where to put it. Good Luck and Keep Smiling

    ReplyDelete