Thursday, December 15, 2011

Waiting for Christmas

Do you remember when you were little and Christmas always seemed like it would never get here???  You started the advent calender on December 1st only to feel like you might spontaneously combust before the day every arrived... that is the two week wait.  This year I am not waiting for Christmas, I am totally preoccupied with thoughts of babies.

Today I am 6 days post insemination and I literally feel like the two week wait is never going to end.  I think the fact that Kristen has been away since Saturday is likely a huge factor in it, but it still is torture!  I have all of these "symptoms," but I am pretty sure they are psychosomatic.  Maybe I am pregnant, but I probably wouldn't even begin to have symptoms yet.  I just have to try to stay patient. 

The other thing that is difficult is avoiding all of the holiday libations... I have three Christmas parties in the next week that would be much more appealing with a glass of wine, but no such luck.  Oh well... that is the least of my worries!!!

I hope everyone is doing well during this holiday season.  Best of luck to all of those trying to start (or expand) their families.  

3 comments:

  1. I totally had a margarita on day 10... and even had coffee a few of those days. Think about it: straight people drink, smoke etc... and don't even know they are pregnant for like 8 weeks... so, in comparison, a cocktail here and there won't be horrible on day 8. :) At least you have Christmas and shopping to keep you preoccupied. Do you go back to the doctor on day 7 to get your progesterone checked? At least then you have that to look forward to as well.. :) I can't wait to find out!! I'm on pins and needles just like you probably are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crissy- We are not going to the doctor to have my progesterone checked. We are just supposed to wait until my period (or missed period). If we were doing a full on Christmas this year, it probably would be easier to stay busy, but we all decided that we weren't going to buy each other gifts and stuff as all of our money is going toward baby making. Bummer!!! I may end up having a drink this week. I have been craving a margarita for like 6 weeks... I might have to break down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a drink here and there is fine--I even just heard about a study that said that 1-2 drinks a day might make for a more mellow, easygoing kid! Not that you want to go overboard, of course, but one probably wouldn't hurt anyone.

    ReplyDelete