Monday, December 19, 2011

10 days into the TWW

I am feeling better than I did a few days ago. For the six days (except for yesterday and today) I have been crying like four times a day. I think it is likely due to the days getting shorter. I typically have a hard time during this time of year with depression. For the last few years I have been able to manage it with supplements and nutrition. Last week when the feeling started creeping in, I was very reluctant about taking anything to help. By Saturday morning, I was a mess!

On Thursday I had asked the doctor that I work for if the supplements that I normally take are ok during pregnancy and he said yes. I was still nervous about taking anything because I am so scared that I will hurt my unborn baby (if I am pregnant). I broke down on Saturday and decided for the sake of everyone involved, I need to take at least one of the supplements. I have googled it to see if I can find anything negative and there seems to nothing major, so I am going to continue.

Most winters I can fend off the blues until late January or February, but I think the stress of the family stuff and trying to get pregnant has added to it this year. I am just glad that I am feeling a little better now.

With Christmas looming, this two week wait has seemed longer than ever. Basically, Kristen and I agreed that we are not buying each other gifts and doing very little for others this year because we are trying to spend every spare penny on baby making. If we find out that I am pregnant then we are going to buy gifts for each other. It kind of feels like a holding pattern. I think I will probably test on Wednesday because I am pretty sure that I can't hold out until the end of the week.

Hope every is having a good Monday!
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried a full-spectrum light? They definitely help. FX for a BFP and presents all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have used light therapy and it is somewhat beneficial. Unfortunately, the one thing that works the best is L-Tyrosine. Thanks for the suggestion though. It is always nice to have other peoples' input. :)

    ReplyDelete