Thursday, December 22, 2011

I've been a little grumpy...

And I hate it. I feel like my being a grump completely compromises what we're trying to do here. Does that make sense? Guess I try to find rationality in all of this. So maybe we're not pregnant. Fine. We're not. It didn't happen this month. But do I have to like having the rug pulled out unexpectedly?

Ashley said I should write and I've really been wanting to avoid it until I felt better about things. The other day I overheard Ashley calling the doctor's office to ask for Clomid for next month and I got angry. I got angry because day 10 is day 10. It is not the end. And while I understand the importance of planning ahead for Clomid (especially with the holidays) I am angry that it is getting tougher and tougher for me to keep a positive outlook. Not that I think it will never happen--I know it will--but I am this bystander in all of this and just have to accept when Ashley is ready to accept that she's not pregnant. Well... this time I wasn't ready for that.

Christmas is right around the corner and although I've got a little grump living inside of me, it's not there all the time and I know it's going to pass. We have a fun weekend planned with Ashley's mom, visiting her aunt out of state and I think getting away from the norm--together this time--will do us both some good.

What I am afraid of for Christmas, however, is that it will bring gifts for our future baby. Despite specifically telling people that baby gifts are a bad idea before there is a baby...

Well, anyway.

I'm looking forward to Christmas and hopefully proving Ashley wrong when she receives a positive test... but if not, I look forward to trying again next month. One of these months will be our month.

Good luck to all of you and Merry Christmas et al.

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. I think it's ok to feel either positive or negative until one of you gets proven right (I hope it's you!). You can't always be on the same page, you know?

    ReplyDelete