Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Feeling a little sensitive

No big news to report today, but I felt like writing a little bit cause I am feeling a little peeved.  Today my boss said something to me about craving sweets and asked me if I crave sweets.  I said not really and he told me "oh, well, I can help you get rid of any cravings that you have."  He then went on to explain that he could help me fix this or that and "what do you think your issue has been with weight maintenance."  Stress, it's stress!

Back story... I manage a weight loss program for a doctor.  I am not sure if I have mentioned that before, but that is my "grown up" job.  Anyway, I have been really self-conscious for the last eight or nine months because I have gained about 30 pounds.  The problem with this is that I have to talk to people all the time about how great our weight loss plan is and meanwhile I look like a stuffed sausage. My boss hadn't really said anything to me about it until the last few weeks.  Recently he has been dropping hints left and right about my weight.  Now, I am already sensitive about my weight, but having my boss saying things insinuating that I am getting a little beefy really upsets me.  I keep thinking that I should start the weight loss plan that we offer at my work, but I know that when I am trying to get pregnant it is a really bad idea.  So for now I just have to pretend that I don't want to completely freak out at my boss.

For the record, I do really like my boss.  He has taught me a lot and I am a much healthier and happier person because I had this job opportunity.  I am just feeling a little sensitive today.  Anyway, hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment