Friday, December 23, 2011

counting my blessings

So today I began having cramping and a little spotting. I am due to start my period tomorrow, so I am pretty positive that I am not pregnant (plus I have taken 3 pregnancy tests). Kristen and I both had an emotional morning together talking about baby making, our relationship, and life in general. We don't see each other much due to our work schedules, so when we do, we talk things out. She is an amazing woman and I feel incredibly grateful that we have such an open, honest relationship.

Anyway, after our conversation I started thinking about a few reasons why I can be grateful that I am not pregnant. I know that sounds funny, but I needed to look on the bright side today. So here are the reasons:

1. Margarita en Fuego- This is my favorite drink. It is a margarita with hot pepper juice in it. So delicious! I will have a few of these in the next couple weeks.

2. Lattes- I have basically given up caffeine. I haven't had daily caffeinated beverages since we started TTC in June. Every once in a while I have a latte, but not often. This week, I am having lattes. I love them so much and look forward to them.

3. Soft cheeses- I know this sounds odd, but I am in love with soft cheeses. This is the one thing that I will miss the most once I am pregnant. Today I had feta, brie, and blue cheese. Not having any of it in the last two weeks made me catch up for lost time. I hate to see how much soft cheese I eat after I go nine months without! So, for the next two weeks, I am eating soft cheeses.

None of these things are that important to me, and being pregnant would be better than any latte, margarita, or soft cheese out there... but for today I am grateful that I can have these things for the next few weeks. Looking at the sunny side of things for a moment! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I know it's hard going through this and not getting pregnant...but like you guys, I always tried to remind Tommie of the reasons why it was "ok" we didn't get pregnant this time. I believe everything happens for a reason, even if it doesn't seem like it at the time! We are keeping our fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete