Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 11- Ultrasound day

We went in for our follicle check today and everything looked good.  I had one dominant follicle that was 15mm and then a bunch more that were relatively small (7, 8, 9mm each).  I was a little disappointed because I expected to have 50 giant follicles, but I guess my expectations were a little unrealistic (no, not me).  We spoke with a doctor about the ultrasound and he seemed to think that I would have the IUI on either Friday or Saturday.  I am betting on Thursday or Friday.  Kristen and I didn't like that doctor quite as much as our regular doctor.  He had his "serious face" on the whole time which never makes things more comfortable.

At this point Thursday or Friday (or Saturday) can't come soon enough.  I am anxiously awaiting our first IUI and hopefully our first BFP.  I feel a little less sure about this month now that I know that there aren't a gazillion follicles waiting for some dapper sperm to come along and make some magic... but do I really want to make room for multiples???  (The answer to that questions is not entirely)

In other news, we went to the Nutcracker yesterday and put our Christmas tree up.  It was a great day because we got to do a bunch of Christmas stuff... oh, and I even had a decaf pumpkin spice latte, yum!  I love spending Sundays with Kristen.  We never get to see one another during the week, so Sundays always seem like a special treat.

I guess that is all for today.  I hope everyone is doing well in baby making land!  Good luck all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment