Sunday, January 15, 2012

So far so good.

I don't know what it is about this month but instead of being worried, I am comfortable and happy. Ashley says she feels pregnant and I wonder what that means. She says it's just a feeling and not to get excited. And while I'm not excited, I'm definitely not stressed out either. I think even if she started testing on day 9 or something ridiculous I'd be okay with it. Just one of those months, I guess.

The other day I called my brother to check in. I haven't heard too much from him since my visit. After we'd been on the phone for a bit, he asked how Ashley and I were doing. I said, "Oh, we're fine. Still trying to get pregnant. Chuggin' along." He was quiet a minute before saying, "You know I think you're stupid, don't you?"

Yep.

He went on to explain that he thought we should wait until we're both out of school because neither of us will be able to finish once we have a baby. I wasn't really taken aback by this. My brother has always sort of expected me to fail and I don't take it personally. I think he expects everyone to fail. When I was in high school I went through a few tough years where attending school wasn't the easiest thing for me to do. During that time he told me that I probably wouldn't finish high school. Welp... I did. And I'll do this, too. I remind myself that it's all out of love.

-Kristen

5 comments:

  1. love trumps stupidity anyday. Fuck your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Not helpful, bro. Hopefully he'll have a chance to eat his words on this one, just like on your high school diploma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. I know he's your brother, but wow. This process is so hard, and we definitely expect there to be naysayers and haters, but definitely NOT from our own families. Just stay true to what you ladies believe is the best for YOUR family and all will be okay in the end. Good luck during this TWW. :) I am thinking good thoughts for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the support, guys. Unfortunately that's how my family is--a little bit negative all the time. Hopefully I won't carry that forward into my family!

    ReplyDelete