Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Almost nine months

For the last (almost) nine months, I have been focused. I have had my eye on the prize. I thought that if I put everything I have into this process (money, energy, research) we would have a baby in no time. Now, I am looking at try #6 and I feel more defeated each time.

Everyone in my family just gets pregnant. No one ever thinks about getting pregnant or tries to get pregnant... it just happens. Both of my parents are one of eight children. My mother has 6 sisters and ALL of them have gotten pregnant easily. I have a cousin with 10 kids. There are four sets of twins in the family (no fertility drugs used). Heck, even my sister-in-law said "you know how they tell you in sex ed that pre-cum can get you pregnant? Well, it's true. That's how I got pregnant with G." (I know, way too much info from someone that is married to my BROTHER!) BUT, my point is, trying to get pregnant doesn't exist in my world (or hasn't). I never thought that I would start trying to get pregnant at the end of spring and that almost three seasons would go by and still no progress.

I am going to try to plug on, but there is a piece of me that kind of wants to give up for a little while. I feel more anxious each month about the money that we are spending. I don't know how to be positive anymore. I am dreading going back on Clomid (or something like Clomid) because of the week's worth of horrible headaches that I had last month.

Anyway, I have whined for far too long. I am sorry for being such a downer today. I just drove back from Connecticut and thought about our baby making process the whole way back. Four hours of marinating in perceived failure is never good for anyone. I hope everyone has a good day!
-Ashley

2 comments:

  1. it really does suck. Especially when they're telling you gross stories about how easy it is. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand. I was trying to think positive and after my shot last night Brooke checked Facebook only to find one of our friends just posted they are pregnant. She is a good friend so I should be happy...right? I am happy for her but when will it be our turn? Just need to keep our heads up. Thinking of you two!

    ReplyDelete