Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Checking in

I haven't been writing lately because I have been trying to completely avoid everything baby. I needed some time to be me and let the baby making stuff slip to the back of my mind. It has worked and I feel much better. I knew that somewhere inside of me there was someone a little less neurotic... I have found pieces of her and it is pretty amazing! I have let myself do things that I haven't been since we started TTC. I have been eating forbidden foods, drinking coffee, and even having alcohol. I know that caffeine and alcohol can decrease fertility, but I needed some time to be normal. I have really enjoyed it and I feel like the people around me have appreciated it (probably without consciously realizing it).

On the baby making front... I took Clomid this month. I started on either day 3 or 5 of my cycle. My period was odd this month and I am not entirely sure what day to consider my "DAY 1." I think that not knowing which day was the right day kind of gave me permission to let go of this process a little and realize that I cannot do this conceiving thing perfectly. Anyway, we are going in at 8:30 on Thursday morning for a follicle check (either day 12 or 14). Hopefully everything looks good and we can proceed with the IUI.

I have been having these weird throbbing headaches since Friday. I keep trying to think of foods that I ate that may have caused them or something that I could have done... I can't come up with anything. They happen mostly when I bend down or exert myself. I did cardio yoga the other day and it got really bad. On Saturday the acupuncturist asked if I had something going on with my eyes. I was like 'no' and went about my session as usual. Well, this morning I woke up with the headache and a really bloodshot eye. So, I am going to talk to the doctor that I work for and see if he has any ideas of what may be causing this. Hopefully it is something simple that has an easy fix.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season! I look forward to hearing about all of your adventures in the new year.
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment