Tuesday, January 10, 2012

IUI #2, Pregnancy attempt #5

So, as I said before, I got my positive OPK on Saturday at 10am. I was a little bummed because I was going to have to wait 48 hours before I could get the IUI done, but now I am feeling a little better about it. We called the doctor on call (which was our doctor) on Sunday morning and she gave us an 8:15 appointment with another doctor (Dr. A). He was the guy that we saw after our follicle check last month. He has very little personality and he never cracks a smile, but if he can get the job done...

So, Kristen and I went in at 8:30 and were brought back to the room. The nurse asked us a bunch of questions and then said the doctor would be right in. I got undressed and laid on the table. Dr. A came in and said "have we met before?" I said "yes, about six weeks ago." I always think it's odd when doctors say stuff like that. I feel like they should look at your chart and know for sure who you are. Anyway, he asked if we had any questions, we said no. Then he did the IUI and was out of the room about three minutes later. The catheter slipped right in again, so my cervix was open and there was good cervical mucus so that is a good sign.

After the IUI, I went home and relaxed for a few hours and made homemade organic chicken and rice soup. So delicious! Then I worked at the day care for a few hours yesterday afternoon. There was just one child so it was really low-key. So far this month there was very little cramping after the IUI and I am feeling good!

Today my temperature spiked and my cervical mucus is not like egg whites anymore. So, today was the shift to progesterone territory. I am pretty happy about that because now I am sure that we did the IUI in the fertile window. Hopefully good things will come of it!

I am going to start taking a Vitex supplement tonight. I didn't take it last month and my hormones were crazy between ovulation and the start of my period. I get pretty bad PMS, so the Vitex is great during that time. It is also really good at increasing progesterone so hopefully it will help with the baby making. Although I am really trying to take as little as possible during this TTC process, the Vitex is a necessity. I am a little crazy without it! :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far. Tons of baby dust to everyone that is TTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment