Saturday, January 7, 2012

Positive OPK

As predicted, I got a positive OPK today. Based on my cycles I knew that I would get the positive today and be due for our IUI tomorrow. BUT the doctor's office is closed tomorrow so I have to call the doctor on call tomorrow (which happens to be my doctor) to set up a time to go in on Monday morning. I may ask to have an ultrasound prior to the IUI to see what is going on with the follicle prior to using our vial of swimmers. It will be sometime around 48 hours after our positive LH surge, so I am not sure if it will be worth it. If not, we will wait until next month.

For now, I am going to remain hopeful. I have done a really good job of putting the baby making out of my mind this month, but now I am kind of freaking out. I guess there is nothing I can do but to hope that everything works out ok.

Side note... Banjo (our dog) is obsessed with sleeping on our futon. I am pretty sure that he thinks it is his own personal bed. Anyway, today I took the cover off to wash it so I am not letting him on it until the cover is put back on. He is like a fish out of water. He has no clue where to go or what to do. He even keeps looking at me like I am an evil, horrible mommy. No wonder Kristen asked me to wash it... she didn't want to be the bad guy. ;)

1 comment:

  1. 48 hours is still worth a try! And my dogs are like that, too--we got new chairs (instead of the couch that used to be there) and now they just hang off the arms looking at each other because they don't understand why we can't all be on one piece of furniture at the same time.

    ReplyDelete