Thursday, November 3, 2011

Still waiting

Last Monday I called for an appointment at the OB's office that does insemination and IVF.  They make you transfer your medical records and have a nurse look them over prior to scheduling an appointment.  So, last Monday I dropped the paper off at my doctor's office to have my records sent.  On Thursday I had to call the doctor's office to get a prescription for medicine for pink eye (occupational hazard).  During that phone call I asked the receptionist if my records had been sent yet and she said 'yes, they are long gone.'  Fast forward to this past Monday... I called the OB's office and they said that they had just received the records and that I would probably get a call by the end of the week to schedule.  When I had called originally they said that they are booking about two months out for new patients.  I have now waited almost two weeks just trying to book an appointment.  By the time I get in with these people my eggs will be old (jk)!!!

In other news, I am really enjoying acupuncture.  It is helping me to be a little less tightly wound and hopefully it will eventually help us get pregnant.  These last six months have been really difficult emotionally (baby making, parents' separation, moving to my mother's, etc.) so I am just trying to find some sort of serenity in my life.  I think acupuncture may have been just the thing. 

One thing I am getting a little concerned about is that I have gained like 25 pounds in the last six months.  I know that is the worst thing you can do when you are trying to get pregnant, but the stress has been less than kind to my body.  I am hopeful that the acupuncture will be helpful.  I am also thinking that once this semester is over I will start going to yoga again... and maybe the gym. 

Anyway, I guess that is all for now.  Best of luck to all of you baby makers out there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment