Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving thanks

I am having second thoughts about my Thanksgiving plans.  My mother is having a very hard time emotionally right now and she is soooo mad at my father because he seems to be "moving on."  To clarify, this does not mean a new girlfriend, this means he has joined a church and is doing outreach programs.  My mother is jealous of church outreach programs... yeah.  So, I am getting extremely anxious about the prospect of driving to Ohio on Wednesday morning (into a storm coming from the Ohio River Valley) with my parents.  Family trips are incredibly stressful under good conditions, so stormy weather and constant hostility seem like a little more than I would like to sign up for.

I really want to see my nephews as it has been almost a year since the last time I saw them, but I am not sure this is the best time to go.  Maybe Kristen and I can go out for a long weekend sometime.  Additionally, my mother is very critical of my sister-in-law (despite the fact that they are also best buddies).  My sister-in-law has less than desirable parenting skills (screaming ninny) so they tend to butt heads on that.  I typically have all I can do to keep my mouth shut too... I mean, I am not the coolest headed person, but I am still able to keep myself from yelling at two year olds for getting their cookie crumbs on the floor.

Wow, this post sounds like I have the most unstable, undesirable family out there.  I wish I had started blogging a year ago because things were a lot less messed up.  Anyway, I will let you know what I decide to do for Turkey Day.  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment