Monday, November 14, 2011

Nothing new....

We have made no real progress toward making a baby lately.  We are currently in a holding pattern, waiting for our doctor's appointment on Friday.  I am really excited to get the ball rolling and be able to try to get pregnant in December.

Yesterday I was thinking about how this whole process has affected me.  I have found that it definitely brings all of the emotional scars to the forefront.  I am having to deal with a lot of things that I haven't thought much about for years.  It is like God or whatever divine entity is out there makes you deal with your demons before bringing a new life into this world.  Yesterday Kristen asked me if I will be happy once I am pregnant.  That is what spurred my thoughts about how difficult this journey has been.  I think that this process has been such a challenge, but I also believe that we will both be much better people for it.

I have found so much relief in acupuncture lately.  It has been so liberating to feel more relaxed and peaceful.  My acupuncturist tells me that when I get upset I need to think "does this serve me and my future baby?"  That one question has made such a difference for me.  Most things that I worry about are not mine to stress over or change... what an amazing realization.

I got some blood test results back last week.  It was hormone levels.  I had my boss order them for me so that I had an idea whether there was something wrong with my reproductive organs or not.  They came back perfect!  So grateful to know that we do not have the cards stacked against us.

I guess that is it from me for tonight.  I hope everyone is doing well in their quest for a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment