Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I've been a little MIA

As far as blogging goes, I've been missing.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm not missing in this whole adventure.  As the "other mother" it's hard to feel as though my worries, my concerns, my stresses are quite as important or significant as Ashley's.

We're waiting for our appointment with this doctor Ashley found.  I'm kind of excited to go in and meet this person, which seems weird.  I mean, it's not like this doctor will determine the outcome for us, but it feels like a positive step forward.  One step closer to pregnancy.

As for me and my things, I am currently on the downward slope of my first semester at grad school.  I'm currently looking at finishing my classes with better grades than I've ever had and because of that I'm being taken off "conditional" enrollment status.  When I was accepted it was deemed "conditional" until I proved myself, I guess, due to my GPA being .01% below the university's acceptable limit, and because I didn't have any experience in the field.  Yada, yada.  Now I'm a real student, yay!

Living with Ashley's mom has been fine for me.  I really have very few complaints and the ones I do have are just because I am easily annoyed by some things, like not being able to take a shower when I normally do.  It's silly but it bugs me.  Any other downsides to living here have nothing to do with the fact that we're living with Ashley's mom but more that we're living so far from the city.  I went into town a week or so ago and just felt a strong pull back.  A longing to walk around and peek into shops or just to walk Banjo down to the pet store for a bone.  Missing town like that coupled with the fact that we haven't saved nearly as much, so far, as we thought we might makes us both wonder whether it's worth it or not to live this far out from our jobs and our love for the city.

So, Ashley called me at 8:30 this morning to "wake me up" but also to tell me that her mom has been thinking of leaving the house and renting it out to a family.  We would get our own shower installed (we currently use one inside the main house) and wouldn't have to go into the main house anymore.  There are downsides to this idea though, and Ashley and I began discussing whether it we should stay through this or not.  The reality of it is that we're both just missing Portland.

I don't know.  I think I'd be happy to move back.  I just also think we might go broke if we do.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog the other day and I have to say many times it could have been you telling my story. This is a hard task we have and it takes strong people to keep going. I plan to go till it works and I hope you are too. My parents have a summer cottage in ME. Maybe next year we can meet up and compare bellies. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, we would love to meet with you if you are up in Maine. It is nice to be able to share this experience with other people that have been through it (or are going through it). :)

    ReplyDelete