Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ready to get started

We went to my appointment with the OB yesterday to meet her and get ready to start IUI.  She was super nice and she is very straight forward.  Throughout the appointment she was talking about "we will do this, and do that, and keep going til you are pregnant..."  I could see the dollar signs in Kristen's eyes and her face losing all color.  When we left the appointment she said, "how are we going to pay for all of this?"  I really don't know, but at this point, we need to figure it out.  We both have some savings and we could put it on credit cards or take out a loan, but Kristen is very concerned about going into debt.  So, we need to work all of the money stuff out.

Other than money concerns, the appointment went great!  Our doc said that my uterus and ovaries look/feel fine and that all of my blood work is good as well.  She is having me start Clomid on day 2 or 3 of my cycle to increase our chances at getting pregnant quickly.  I told her that I want to give this the best possible shot, so Clomid it is.  Hopefully I do not have any mood swings or anything as I will be in Ohio with my parents (yes, the separated ones) and my brother and sister-in-law (who I don't always get along with).  Kristen can't come because she has to work, so there isn't even going to be a buffer.  Everyone keep your fingers crossed that the Clomid Monster is on holiday!

So, we will have our first IUI (try #4 at getting pregnant) sometime the second week of December.  I am really looking forward to it.  I am also really excited to have an ultrasound before the IUI because then I am sure that there are follicles there... cut out some of the guess work. 

I guess that is all for today.  I may think of more to say later, but for now I have to go babysit.  I need all the money I can get! ;)

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! Good luck to you ladies! The Clomid monster does tend to rear its ugly head sometimes, but I'm sure you can push through it. :) It sounds like you are both headed in the right direction with the new doctor and the IUI process. Keep us posted on the follies size and numbers!! Sooo exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete