Saturday, October 22, 2011

Next step

After taking two pregnancy tests and seeing the "Not Pregnant" yet again, I am gearing up for Plan B.  I think I have found a OBGYN that does IUI and seems more supportive of our "lifestyle."  It is the practice that my PCP had recommended that I go to when we got pregnant, but of course it happened to be the last place I called (duh, Ashley!).  It was so nice to speak with someone on the phone that didn't automatically say "you and your husband" or tell me that I needed to see a social worker.  The woman was actually kind, supportive, and didn't seem taken aback by the fact that "my partner and I are using donor sperm."  Maybe the fact that we live in Maine makes a difference, but I truly didn't think it would be this difficult to find a place that felt comfortable for me. 

Kristen and I have talked about the additional cost and figured out that we may have to try every other month or every few months.  However, the practice that we are going to use has a 30% discount for people who do not have insurance or their insurance doesn't cover stuff.  That will help a lot!

As much as I was expecting to see the "Not Pregnant," it still hurt.  I don't think there is ever a time that you don't feel the blow of those simple words.  How do you not feel as if you have lost something?  I guess eventually I will get pregnant and forget all about this, but for now I feel a little beat up and bruised.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment