Thursday, March 1, 2012

New month, new beginnings

We found a new apartment! It is in the West End of Portland which is a really nice area. It isn't our first choice of neighborhoods, but certainly high on our list of choices. It is a second floor spacious two bedroom. The living room has a fireplace and big, beautiful bay windows. There are two off street parking spots and a washer and dryer in our apartment. Pretty much the ideal place (if only it had a yard). I am excited to start the process of moving in. We technically don't have the place until the 15th, but we can start moving stuff in after we sign the lease on Saturday. It is about $100 more than we wanted to spend each month, but we will make it work. Kristen and I need to move back to the city and make our own home again. It's time! Banjo is going to be so happy too because he goes for lots of walks and gets to go to dog parks often in the city. It will be great!

On the baby making front... I had a little hissy fit last week about not being pregnant. I think that it is getting more difficult as time goes by. I also feel like our doctor's office is really lax about the whole thing. So, I made an appointment on Monday to go to Boston IVF. The doctor I am seeing is one of the founders and he is known as "the miracle worker." Hopefully he will get the job done. I made the appointment on Monday and I have already had someone from the office call to see if I had any questions and let me know that they received my records. Plus, they have you assigned to a specific doctor and nurse throughout your treatment. I feel like that is a really big plus. We have done 3 IUIs and had three different doctors perform them. I have seen/talked to at least 10 different nurses. Each time I talk to them I have to explain our situation in full prior to asking my questions, etc. I will really enjoy having consistent people caring for me.

One of our friends just called and asked me to go to a Melissa Ferrick concert on Saturday night. I am really excited about it. I need a night out to enjoy being a twenty-something rather than a potential baby house. I have to babysit until 8pm so I will get there late, but it is much needed. Oh, and babysitting will give me the money to go out... works out perfectly. I am also trying to set up a time to meet with another friend for coffee. I have been a bit of a recluse lately so it is time for me to get my butt out of the house.

Anyway, I am going to put on some snow pants and go out into the giant blizzard (biggest snow storm of the year) to do some shoveling. I hope everyone is having a great March 1st.
-Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congratulations on finding a new place. :) I can't imagine moving in the snow, so I hope it goes smoothly for you guys. Luckily it was 70 degrees when we moved, so the weather was perfect... thank goodness though, because we missed the rain just by one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of Melissa Ferrick as well...

    ReplyDelete