Monday, March 5, 2012

New plan

The new plan doesn't look a whole lot different. We went to Boston IVF today and met with the "miracle worker." Basically, what he said was I am not getting pregnant because it is a numbers game and "bad luck." He said that he expects that there is no reason that I am not getting pregnant so he wants me to do two more months of IUIs. In addition, he wants me to do them unmedicated. He said that there is nothing concerning about my previous blood work, my age, my cycles... so we just need to keep on keeping on. He said that if I am not pregnant after two more unmedicated IUIs then I should come back and see him. We were told that we can either do the IUIs through them or just go to the OB to do them. He wanted to give us the option so that we can spend less money if we want.

Although, I am happy and very grateful that yet another doctor said that there is no reason why I shouldn't get pregnant, it is a little bittersweet. There is a part of me that would like to be able to move on to IVF just to have the greatest chance at getting pregnant. I suppose I just need to practice patience which is SOOOO hard for me. I need to decide if I want to sit this month out or if I should do an IUI later this week. I don't know if I would benefit from a month off or not. There is a part of me that feels like taking this month off and doing the IUI next month will just give me more time to worry about it. I don't know what I will end up doing. Kristen thinks we should wait a month, but I just am not sure.

I went to the concert the other night which was a lot of fun. I only saw Melissa Ferrick play one song because I was talking with old friends and I met tons of new people. The friend that I went with and I both drank a little bit more than intended so Kristen came and picked us up and took us home. Overall it was a really great night. One of the couples that I met is going through the TTC process. It was nice to meet someone locally that is going through the same thing. Hopefully we can get together with them sometime soon.

All in all, things are going ok. I am VERY ready to move though! I love my mother but she is difficult to take in large quantities. Our lease signing was postponed until this Friday or Saturday, so hopefully we can start moving stuff this weekend.

I hope everyone is doing well and that you had a wonderful weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you...my mom is hard to take in large quantities as well! :) She lives in Germany and I only see her every other year, but after I spend two weeks with her, I'm more than ready to go back...haha!
    Sounds like good news though, but I understand how hard it is to be patient.
    If it was me, I would do another IUI this month (if I had the money to do it), just to keep going and not worry and overthink things for another month. But that's just me!
    Wishing you both the best!
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a week off and not having to live your life in two week increments can do great things to your body. It's nice to just relax and not have to worry about what you're doing and how it might affect the baby process. Either way, good luck, ladies!! I so want this to happen for you two!:)

    ReplyDelete