Thursday, September 1, 2011

Another month?

Kristen and I are in discussions about trying to get pregnant this month.  There are a couple of things to consider.  First, we are BROKE!!!  Having to buy a new car, moving, and a few other unexpected bills have really added up this month.  We are supposed to get our security deposit back from our old apartment soon, but do we want to use that for baby making??? 

Next, our top two donors are both sold out.  Our first pick should be available again in October, but for now, we are left with the third string.  The guy is great, but Kristen is concerned because both of his childhood photos are of him scowling.  She is afraid he has a bad disposition or even Aspergers or something.  Maybe we are both a little crazy, but just one of those little concerns. 

The flip side… I lose my health insurance at the end of August 2012.  I can get a new policy after that, but I don’t want to still be pregnant while I am trying to switch companies, etc.  So I really need to get pregnant in September or October in order to make that deadline.  Planning for this stuff is just so difficult. 

On a different note, we are all moved!  Our large studio apartment at my parents house is kind of a work in progress (needs a bathroom, stove, etc.), but eventually it will be really great.  My father is going to build two bedrooms upstairs as well, so that will give us a large bedroom and then a slightly smaller room for the baby.  Those rooms are supposed to be built in about six months which will hopefully be a few months before the baby is due (if we get pregnant). 

The actual moving process was a little stressful.  I am not very good at maintaining my sanity through things like this, so everyone around me ends up getting the shit end of the stick.  Saturday morning I was mad at Kristen because she had to work and I had to move with just my father.  So, after a few snide remarks back and forth, she asked to go into work late and I burst into tears because I was so grateful that she would be around for part of the day.  I love her!  On Sunday we lost power which was a real bummer.  Kristen was painting our new apartment so midway through; she was doing it with a headlamp on.  It came out great; especially considering she did most of it in the dark.  We have gotten some of our stuff unpacked in the last few days, but we will probably be living out of boxes for a while.  We are having a really hard time deciding where everything should go.   

Kristen and I both started classes this week.  She has two classes this semester (she is going for her masters in social work) and I have three classes (someday I will have a bachelor’s). J  I am really looking forward to this winter because I will be working primarily from home and will be taking the spring semester off; I need a little break. 

Well, I guess that is all for now.  We have had an incredibly busy summer.  Now, we just need to get the baby making back on track!!!
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment