Saturday, September 24, 2011

Work, school, sleep, repeat...

Kristen mentioned how busy we are lately and I can't help but wonder when things are going to slow down.  I am working 40-45 hours a week, taking 10 credits at school, and trying to manage the rest of my life on top of that.  I feel a little frustrated right now because it seems like I just trudge through the week and wait for one day to relax and see my beautiful girlfriend.  I am keeping my eyes on the prize... just need to finish this semester and then I will take the spring semester off.  Originally I was going to take the spring off because I was hoping to be pregnant and due sometime during the spring, but now, I see that it is just a MUCH NEEDED break. 

I have been working hard this week at meditating on being pregnant.  I am trying to take the advice of the guy at Whole Foods because I feel like it can't hurt!  I am really looking forward to trying again this month.  October is an important month for us (our anniversary) so I am going to hope that it becomes even more special.  I love my life with Kristen (even though we are busy and don't really see each other), but I am so excited to bring a new life into our home.

This week I was looking into midwifery and home births. Kristen is kind of against the idea of a home birth, but there is something about the safety and comfort of your own home that is appealing.  To be able to sleep in my own bed with Kristen and our newborn baby sounds like heaven.  I am hoping that I can convince Kristen that it is a viable option.  We shall see... I guess we have plenty of time to explore our options.
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment