Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Shock

One of my old bosses died today.  He is one of the most amazing humans I think I have ever known.  He was kind, generous, loving, and a great leader.  Mat treated his wife like a queen; helping her follow her dreams, supporting her with the kids, and being an overall nice person.  He smiled at everyone he came in contact with and always had a corny joke to make you smile.  He took the time to explain everything to his kids.  No matter how late he was running, he always allowed his children the privilege of being heard and respected.  He got down on their level and made them feel important.  He made everyone feel important. 

I am very sad for his wife and three young kids (all under 7).  I have known the oldest since he was a year old and have known the others since they were just little sonogram photos.  I am praying for them and sending them all the good vibes I possibly can.  I don't know if you all in blogland believe in praying, but if you do, can you say a little prayer for Jen, Bryce, Carter and Audrey?  I want them to feel safe and loved through this horrible tragedy.  I wish them the best this world has to offer them. 

As for Mat, you will be missed by the thousands of lives that you have touched.  Goodbye for now, my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment