Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lots of choices

I haven't written in a while.  I guess I have been putting it off until I knew what direction I was headed... funny, I am no closer to knowing what I should do.  I keep putting it out to the universe or God or whatever is out there.  I believe that everything will fall into place soon enough.  Some days it just feels difficult to wait for things to smooth out.  Although, being in the "in between" is kind of exciting.  There are a million directions I could go in...

I got accepted to University of Southern Maine (as of yesterday).  I was pretty sure that I would get in as it isn't really competitive, but it always feels good to have the acceptance letter in hand.  I am waiting on the financial aid package that they will put together for me.  I am hoping that they can give me enough financial aid so that it will pay entirely for tuition.  If that works, then I think I have enough in student loans to get me through this year without working.  I can close the day care and take on a small part-time job for spending money.  It would be so amazing to be able to finish school without working 40 hours a week.

I know that it sounds weird, but I am used to Kristen being gone.  I love her and she is going to remain one of my best friends.  I have gone through a million emotions over the last month, but I have come to a place of peace and acceptance.  I look forward to meeting new people and enjoying my life with Kristen as a wonderful friend.

I started volunteering at the soup kitchen/food bank last week.  I am going to go once a week to help out.  I am really enjoying meeting other volunteers and feeling like I am doing something to help the community.

Anyway, that is pretty much it for now.  I will try to write more soon.  Hope everyone is well!  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, not only on your acceptance, but on the many positive forward steps you are taking :)

    ReplyDelete