Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 11

This morning I took a pregnancy test.  No such luck.  I guess I will try again in a day or two.  Even though I know that our timing was off and some of the swimmers “leaked” out, I still felt really disappointed when the little stick said “not pregnant.”  Boo!

Life has been insane lately.  Trying to figure out the moving situation has been the most challenging.  We have to be out of our apartment on September 1.  That is all well and fine except that we are moving in with my parents and there is no where for us to go at the moment.  Their pending separation has left everyone at a standstill… neither wants to move out and neither wants to stay, so they are just both living in the house together.  I am pretty sure that they are going to drive me crazy… like certifiable, bat-ass crazy!  My mom asked me the other day “do you think I am big and beautiful or full-figured.”  Yeah, she has joined match.com to see if she can find someone to spend time with.  Really???  Neither of them can decide who is going to leave and she is already looking for that special someone.  Wow!

Classes are done for the summer and I am pretty sure that I still have a 4.0.  I won’t know until grades are released on Monday.  Although, I would have had to get a 50% on my finals to bring my grade down to a B in either class.  I am so happy that the semester is done and I get a whole week off without classes.  I am pretty sure I will be bored and ready to start school again within a few days.

My boss has decided to close his practice and work from his home.  That will make it so I work exclusively from home (in addition to working at my mother’s daycare).  I am looking forward to being able to work in my pajamas and maybe take Banjo (our dog) for walks and trips to the beach.  I am so excited for the change (but it won’t be ‘til November). 

Another super exciting thing… I got a new car!  The car that I had was a 1997 Nissan Altima that was slowly dying.  In order to get it inspected this year, I would have had to get breaks, tires, fix the exhaust, and fix some other internal thing that caused the check engine light to come on.  Anyway, it was time to put that car to rest!  So, we ended up getting a 2007 Ford Escape.  It is great because Banjo has his own little place in the back to sleep and I don’t have to worry about him jumping on my lap because an evil motorcycle drives by… win, win situation!  The best part is that the dealership we went to gives a free apple pie with the purchase of a vehicle.  I have to say, Kristen and I were most excited about the pie! (Love the car though) J

I guess that is all for now.  I will write again in the next few days when I figure out the BFN or BFP situation.  Baby dust all around!

-Ashley

2 comments:

  1. What type of test did you use??? It's still early!!! Don't get discouraged. Oh, and as for the car situation, I got my new car right before we found out Meg was pregnant...maybe you'll have the same luck!!! Thinking of you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it is just early. I used a First Response. I am pretty sure Kristen was annoyed that I tested so early, but of course she didn't say anything. :)

    ReplyDelete