Saturday, January 12, 2013

Still here

I haven't written in a while.  There isn't a whole lot going on, although it feels like it has been crazy.  I have spent a lot of time trying to reconnect with old friends and build new friendships.  It has always been tough for me to try to make new friends, but I am working really hard at it. 

The day care closed yesterday which is pretty heart wrenching.  I have become so attached to the babies over the last few years.  It is going to be difficult not to see them every day.  I have a few babies that I will babysit for once in a while, but for the most part I won't see them much.  It is also difficult because I closed the day care after fifteen years in operation.  My mother worked very hard to build that business and has helped to raise well over 100 children.  It is sad to see the end of an era.

Classes begin for me on Thursday.  I am starting to freak out a little, but I am also really excited.  I bought my books about a month ago and I have everything all ready to go.  My biggest source of stress is precalculus.  I am horrible at math so I am dreading taking precalc and calculus.  Hopefully, I surprise myself and do really well.  I will keep my fingers crossed.

I recently started dating.  It is kind of weird, but I figure that it is probably time.  Kristen is "facebook official" with her new girl, so I should at least open my eyes to new possibilities (not that her status changes my dating intentions).  I have been on dates with three people and it is kind of a confusing process.  One girl has no sense of humor, one seems too intense, and the third is pretty awesome.  The girl that I liked and I have been talking a lot since our last date and I am hopeful that we will continue to have fun together.  It's really strange though because I am very cautious.  Something about this process is completely terrifying to me.  Haven't pinpointed what is scaring me, but I am sure I will figure it out.  It may just be the fact that I have been with Kristen for four years and I am not used to thinking about myself as single. 

Anyway, let's just hope that I continue to enjoy dating girl #3 and maybe something will come of it.  She is a pretty amazing person.  It's funny though because she is someone that I wouldn't necessarily have dated a few years ago.  She is incredibly bright, successful, sarcastic, and challenges me intellectually.  She is daring and loves to travel.  I hope that things work out.  If not, I am getting a better idea of what I am looking for. 

I have been asked several times recently if I will start dating men again.  Even some of my good friends have asked.  I don't feel like that is a possibility for me now.  I have become so comfortable and happy with my life.  I love women and I am not sure that I would be able to find the same happiness with a man. 

Ok... so that is a snippet of what is going on in my life at the moment.  Hopefully the next time I write I can tell you all that precalculus is super easy!!!  I hope all is well with everyone in blogland!
-Ashley          

No comments:

Post a Comment